more than a plan. If you wish to make change in your business, your staff or yourself you need some clear ingredients:
1. Vision and a view of what the end result might deliver or achieve. It doesn’t have to be in full detail, but does need to be compelling and desirable
2. Plan for how to get there or at least the key stages or milestones. People need to have some degree of information, otherwise the human brain will create it’s own! When you have a plan you can build that out to understand what support and resources you will need
3. Key influential supporters and stakeholders. It is important that the vision is held by more than one person. Very few people or leaders have been successful at achieving sustainable change that is driven by them alone. Having a group of influential supporters and advocates will allow you to “stress test” the level of inspiration in your vision as well as spreading the workload of getting things done
4. Communication plan with clarity on what needs to be said, to who and when. Your communication plan begins with those key people around you as it is vital that you and they are delivering consistent information to others around you
5. Attachment and links to other systems and processes. In the work place it is vital that change is reinforced by key policies, systems and work practices. This can include but is not limited to key documents, and the performance appraisal and reward system.
6. Passion. Without passion things can get done but they may need more effort and are likely to take longer. When you can engage others in the inspiration behind the vision then magic can and will happen
If you have enjoyed this please feel free to share the link with others who may benefit.
If you would like to pursue or take action on anything here remember that you can get assistance and support from others to get things done.